Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Joyful Life with Dogs!

The day I met this sweet puppy Ellie shortly after she opened her eyes!


In a little over a week my Australian Shepherd puppy Ellie will turn one!  I have had great joy anticipating her arrival, she came just in time for Christmas! I have delighted in her puppyhood, most of the time!



Ellie in action at 8 weeks old
Moses, Ellie, Jake at 9 weeks old!

Through this past year I have realized how much Ellie has been an escape for me.  Whether I come through the doors of my home ignoring the sweet wet tongue that greets me...or if I cross the threshold of my home in a good mood, bad mood--she is always so happy to see me!  This is also true for our old soul Aussie, Pirate and Adam's dog, Ducati!

Today Ellie and two of her siblings and another pup will be celebrating  their birthdays together!

I have an Aussie calendar that has wonderful quotes about being a dog lover.  There is one particular quote that was posted on the month of July--and actually one of Ellie's siblings' owner has it as her signature--the author of the quote is unknown...but I love it and want to share it with all of the dog lovers!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
Ellie's registered name is Chase Lassos the Moon--Chase is the name of the wonderful kennel she came from, she was part of the New Moon Litter...so I put moon in her registered name.  One of my very favorite movies is It's a Wonderful Life...
I Lasso wishing a BIG Happy Birthday to the New Moon Litter!



No comments: