Friday, February 8, 2013

Ladies in Waiting Ministry

Ladies in Waiting Ministry
"I prayed for the child, and the Lord granted my request." 
 ~ 1 Samuel 1:27

I am at that point in my life--where I have been once before, about 30 years ago.  I was engaged and getting married, my friends were getting engaged, getting married--we attended   the circuit of all the bridal showers--all of the weddings.  


My mom and dad right before I got married to Joe!
Then many of these young wives were becoming mothers--once again we attended all the baby showers, and celebrated when the new little pink or blue bundle was born!  

The difference 30 years later is--that this cycle of engagement, weddings and babies involves the 'friends' of my kids!

When I was expecting my first baby I learned something about my dad I never knew before.  

Joe and me as newlyweds,
and expecting our first baby
My dad was in a prayer ministry since about the time I was born--actually he started this beautiful ministry, and he continues it today: 
The Ladies in Waiting Apostolate.

The ministry is devoted prayer for those who are hopeful and prayerful for a new life!  This is an apostolate of prayer for women who want children by conception or adoption.
For over 50 years my father and the powerful The Ladies in Waiting Apostolate (comprised of hundreds of faithful prayer warriors) has been praying for pregnancy, safe delivery and successful adoption. 

While he is a very devote Catholic, the Apostolate prays for all women--no matter what their religious affiliation.

I am blessed to be among the hundreds of prayer warriors in the Apostolate.  We have seen many prayers answered.  We have seen other prayers go unanswered--which is always heartbreaking.  But we continue to pray and while we don't know why, we have to trust in God's plan, and let me tell you, this can be a very difficult task!  Sometimes there are very dark times for these couples.  But having hope in God's plan during these times of sadness reminds me of something  Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, 
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

I can tell you I have more compassion for women trying to conceive, because like many women, I too had my own dark days of wanting a baby, when Joe and I lost our second baby.  

I didn't understand why God would take a baby we planned for, had dreams for...

While I can now fast forward 25 years later--and have clearer perspective, I can honestly tell you that I see God's hand in my life then and now (that's one good thing about getting older, we not only gain wrinkles...we are blessed with a little wisdom too).  


When one is so close to the desire and the anxiousness, it is hard to understand or
"Be still and know He is God" and-- you-are-not-He!  :)

The comfort of knowing others are praying for you--and for new life...I believe that's God's grace being poured out for us.

The Apostolate does not always hear about the outcome of our prayers.  But this week, we found out that one of the couples that The Ladies in Waiting Apostolate have been praying to conceive--for several years--is happily through her first trimester!  The joy of learning the news did our hearts good!
  
Daily prayers continue for the hundreds of women who are pregnant--for a healthy baby, and safe delivery.  Daily prayers continue for those who are trying to conceive, and for those who desire to adopt.

If you are reading this, and you or anyone you know is seeking to conceive, adopt or is pregnant and would like The Ladies in Waiting Apostolate to pray for you, you can email:

prayer@theladiesinwaitingapostolate.faithweb.com

I Lasso the power of prayer!


I Lasso the beautiful ministry of 
The Ladies in Waiting Apostolate 
my dad started over 50 years ago!  

I Lasso the love I have for my dad!

2 comments:

cindy said...

My niece Jaime, 34 years of age and married for maybe years was unable to conceive. She and her husband became foster parents and ended up adopting three children. She and her husband are expecting a daughter in June! We are all so happy for them! God really blessed!

cindy said...

My niece Jaime, 34 years of age and married for maybe years was unable to conceive. She and her husband became foster parents and ended up adopting three children. She and her husband are expecting a daughter in June! We are all so happy for them! God really blessed!