Thursday, March 31, 2011

Retro Can Be So Cool!


This is a RE-post of an blog entry I made this past fall.  I felt the need to repost it because it was recently pointed out to me that I left out the best part of the story...a picture of the car!  So to complete the story...I have included the 1970 Cougar!

I think most of America is experiencing beautiful fall weather!  I know we are in Dallas, Texas!  Sunday in Dallas was truly a "top-down" day!  Yesterday as Joe and I were cruising around in my husband's 
Ensign Mobile-- a.k.a. 1970 Cougar convertible, which he bought new and has had it running ever since...most of the time...


Joe bought this car after becoming an officer in the Navy.  He bought it new and still has it  on the road today!
1970 Cougar

Joe reached in his box of music...pulled out Led Zeppelin-- 8 TRACK TAPE! 



I'm pretty sure my husband and I were the only people in the Dallas Metroplex listening to an 8 track tape of Stairway to Heaven  yesterday--and truly loving it...ah, the simple pleasures in life!

I Lasso good music in a classic car and time with my sweet husband!